Black money hunt: India-Switzerland pact to share details of tax cheats is weak; it's no game-changer
On November 22nd 2016, the NDA government signed an agreement with Switzerland for exchange of financial information, which will provide India details of the financial assets held by its citizens in...
As the post demonetisation scenario plays out, within the first four days, total cash flow to the banks had touched Rs 3 lakh crore. So, if the main rationale behind this drastic step is that large...
The decision to ban the existing Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 currency notes as legal tender in one stroke is a bold measure taken by the government. While estimating the scale of black economy in the country...
Marking the beginning of new geopolitics in 2006, BRICS has managed to maintain its relevance on global matters. The BRICS coalition represents about 40 percent of the world’s population and 17...
Many have heralded the introduction of the GST as the single most important reform that has been initiated in the arena of indirect tax system in India. The main objective of GST is to simplify the...
For a vast developing country like India with layers of governing institutions, a policy framework on water has been long due. Although, India has a National Water Policy since 1987, the current...
While Pascal Saint-Amans, head of tax at the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), has once again emphasised the need for beneficial ownership and corporate transparency,...
Omission of women's schemes from 'Core of the Core' category of highest priority schemes is a concern. The draft National Policy for Women brought out by the Union Ministry of Women and Child...
Suraj Prasad Jaiswal
There is much anger among the people with regard to black money, also known as Illicit Fund Flows (IFFs). The revelations of Panama Papers, based on the leaked information about the business of...
The deepening scandal initiated by a massive leak of financial documents from a Panama-based law firm, Mossack Fonseca and Co. has once again highlighted the glaring loopholes in the global financial...
- Cracking the Whip on Shell Companies? Not Really
- नोटबंदी से टूटी है खेती की कमर, बड़े कदम उठाए बिना नहीं बनेगी बात
- Govt's war on black money will not be complete unless tax evasion by big corporates is curbed
- Demonetisation dealt a body blow to agriculture; govt should find holistic solution to farmer debt issue
- Can the Green Climate Fund lead to a more democratic climate finance governance?
- जीएसटी एवं उपभोक्ताओं पर इसका प्रभाव on
- Transparency in Corporate Ownership Key to Breaking India’s Financial Secrecy on
- Demonetisation: More important to address deeper problems in war against black money on
- Union Budget 2017: Swachh Bharat Abhiyan gets good funds but what about water? on
- Budgeting for quality education on