Consultation on 'Investment in Maternal, Newborn and Child Healthcare (MNCH): Addressing the Gaps in Budgetary Priorities and Processes to Improve Quality of Care' 31 August, 2016
Given the criticality of MNCH concerns in India, there is a need to ensure that budgetary policies accord adequate priority to investment in MNCH. This is all the more important in the context of the changed fiscal architecture in the country. Also, the budget outlays need to translate effectively into better quality of care on the ground, so as to lead to better MNCH outcomes. Hence, it is imperative to identify the institutional and procedural bottlenecks in fund allocation and utilization for MNCH programmes and address them.
In this context, The White Ribbon Alliance, India (WRAI) and Centre for Budget and Governance Accountability (CBGA) has organised a Consultation on “Investment in Maternal, Newborn and Child Healthcare (MNCH): Addressing the Gaps in Budgetary Priorities and Processes to Improve Quality of Care” on 31st August 2016 at Lecture Room-I, India International Centre (IIC) - Annexe, Lodhi Road, New Delhi.
The Consultation deliberated on issues concerning the policies and budgetary priorities for MNCH care and the constraints in effective utilization of resources.
- Panel Discussion on 'India’s Investment in Nutrition: States’ Role and Response'
- 'What Do the Numbers Tell?' - A Panel Discussion on Union Budget 2017-18
- Consultation on 'Opening Up Access to Budget Data in India'
- Consultation on 'Safety of Women in Public Spaces in Delhi: Governance and Budgetary Challenges’
- JSA-PBI National Consultation on 'Strengthening Public Provisioning of Healthcare in India'
- Consultation on 'Government Financing of School Education in India'
- Roundtable on 'Reforms in International Taxation and Financial Transparency: Towards a Regional Agenda for Asia'
- Consultation on 'Investment in Maternal, Newborn and Child Healthcare (MNCH): Addressing the Gaps in Budgetary Priorities and Processes to Improve Quality of Care'
- Young Scholars’ Conference on ‘Government Finance and Public Policy Issues’
- Conference on 'International Taxation and Regional Cooperation: Challenges and Opportunities for Asia'