National Convention on 'Civil Society Budget Work and Governance Accountability in India: Continuity and Change' 19-20 September, 2017
A two day National Convention on 'Civil Society Budget Work and Governance Accountability in India: Continuity and Change' was organised on 19-20 September at New Delhi. The Convention marked the re-launch of People's Budget Initiative (PBI) in its new avatar. The re-launch was followed by deliberations on people's budgetary asks from government Budgets 2018-19. The Convention was attended by representatives from grassroot level organisations, people’s movements, civil society leaders, activists, media and academicians from across 20 states.
Day 1 of the Convention primarily discussed the role of civil society in strengthening the governance accountability ecosystem in India at the current juncture. It also identified key expectations of the larger civil society from the PBI coalition and discussed the strategies that need to be prioritised in the coming years. Day 2 identified and discussed important issues and priorities, which need to be flagged in the context of the 2018-19 budgets at different tiers of government. The two day Convention witnessed very enriching discussions around the most critical issues related to governance in the country.
- Panel Discussion on Union Budget 2018-19
- Mid-term strategy meeting on 'Creating a Tax Justice Narrative in India'
- National Convention on 'Civil Society Budget Work and Governance Accountability in India: Continuity and Change'
- Orientation Workshop on 'Fault Lines in the International Tax System and Illicit Financial Flows'
- Panel Discussion on 'India’s Investment in Nutrition: States’ Role and Response'
- 'What Do the Numbers Tell?' - A Panel Discussion on Union Budget 2017-18
- Consultation on 'Opening Up Access to Budget Data in India'
- Consultation on 'Safety of Women in Public Spaces in Delhi: Governance and Budgetary Challenges’
- JSA-PBI National Consultation on 'Strengthening Public Provisioning of Healthcare in India'
- Consultation on 'Government Financing of School Education in India'