Young Scholars’ Conference on ‘Government Finance and Public Policy Issues’ 23 July, 2016
The debates pertaining to government finance and public policies have witnessed a remarkable level of engagement of the academia as well as the civil society over the last decade. With governance and public policy debates getting more intense over the years, in depth research on issues relating to government finance becomes all the more crucial.
In this context, CBGA has organised a Young Scholars’ Conference on ‘Government Finance and Public Policy Issues’, on 23 July, 2016 at India International Centre (IIC), New Delhi.
The objective of the conference was to showcase some of the research on government finance and public policy issues being carried out by young scholars in universities, think tanks and civil society organisations across the country. It also sought ideas and suggestions from academics and civil society leaders for deepening and enriching research in these areas.
Based on the presentation and final paper submission by the participants, the jury has selected two best papers. They are:
1. Public Financing of Health Care in Developing Countries: A Comparative Perspective by Dr. Godwin Sree Kulakkal
2. Political Manoeuvering and the Two Commissions by Mr. Masroor Ahmad
We are happy to share that they have been awarded cash prize of Rs.15,000 and Rs.10,000 respectively.
- Panel Discussion on 'India’s Investment in Nutrition: States’ Role and Response'
- 'What Do the Numbers Tell?' - A Panel Discussion on Union Budget 2017-18
- Consultation on 'Opening Up Access to Budget Data in India'
- Consultation on 'Safety of Women in Public Spaces in Delhi: Governance and Budgetary Challenges’
- JSA-PBI National Consultation on 'Strengthening Public Provisioning of Healthcare in India'
- Consultation on 'Government Financing of School Education in India'
- Roundtable on 'Reforms in International Taxation and Financial Transparency: Towards a Regional Agenda for Asia'
- Consultation on 'Investment in Maternal, Newborn and Child Healthcare (MNCH): Addressing the Gaps in Budgetary Priorities and Processes to Improve Quality of Care'
- Young Scholars’ Conference on ‘Government Finance and Public Policy Issues’
- Conference on 'International Taxation and Regional Cooperation: Challenges and Opportunities for Asia'