JSA-PBI National Consultation on 'Strengthening Public Provisioning of Healthcare in India' 17-18 January, 2017
We have organised a JSA-PBI National Consultation on “Strengthening Public Provisioning of Healthcare in India” on 17-18 January, 2017 at YMCA, Jaisingh Road, New Delhi. This consultation was organised jointly by Jan Swasthya Abhiyan (JSA) and People's Budget Initiative (PBI).
JSA and PBI have come together for a joint Campaign in 6 States, viz. Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Odisha and Rajasthan. As part of this initiative, we are carrying out research and advocacy focusing on three key issues, namely, increasing overall budgetary allocation for healthcare; improving infrastructure and human resources; and ensuring availability of free generic medicines.
This is for the first time that the health rights organisations and budget groups have come together to work on specific demands and make a case for strengthening public provisioning of healthcare in India. This Consultation is being organised at the completion of our two-year long journey over which these groups have synergised their efforts and tried to impact the policy discourse on the specific issues.
- 'What Do the Numbers Tell?' - A Panel Discussion on Union Budget 2017-18
- Consultation on 'Opening Up Access to Budget Data in India'
- Consultation on 'Safety of Women in Public Spaces in Delhi: Governance and Budgetary Challenges’
- JSA-PBI National Consultation on 'Strengthening Public Provisioning of Healthcare in India'
- Consultation on 'Government Financing of School Education in India'
- Roundtable on 'Reforms in International Taxation and Financial Transparency: Towards a Regional Agenda for Asia'
- Consultation on 'Investment in Maternal, Newborn and Child Healthcare (MNCH): Addressing the Gaps in Budgetary Priorities and Processes to Improve Quality of Care'
- Young Scholars’ Conference on ‘Government Finance and Public Policy Issues’
- Conference on 'International Taxation and Regional Cooperation: Challenges and Opportunities for Asia'
- Consultation on 'Public Investment in Nutrition: Challenges and Opportunities in the New Fiscal Architecture in India'